Monday, October 20, 2008

Popcorn Farm



























This weekend we all took a drive to a popcorn farm in Benson, IL where I did a photo shoot for my sister's magazine. It was so nice to be away from the city and experience farm life for a day. The highlights of the day were being up close and personal with the pigs (I was actually in the pigpen!), having a warm lunch in the field with the family, and riding on the combine with the 75 year old Grandma- wow.

John's mom was in town for the weekend and was able to go with us to the farm. We all had a really relaxing, fun day. It's amazing to me that a quiet peaceful place like this is just 2 hours away from Chicago! We all felt like we were in Iowa, not so close to the city!





1 comment:

Sue Contant said...

Memories of that sunny, fun day still sweeps over me. It was the BEST!!! And the popcorn was delicious, too. Grandpa gets to visit you soon. I am jealous! XOXO